Launched in 2012, the official eBay module became paid in 2017 after eBay stopped sponsoring the module. Since July 2022, the module is available for free on Github at this address and is no longer available on PrestaShop Addons.
However, 202 ecommerce will provide support to all merchants with an active Business Care license, until their license expires.
After expiration of the license, or for merchants who do not have an active Business Care license, 202 ecommerce offers its services of assistance, support or maintenance according to the price list of our agency.
To obtain a quote, contact our sales department indicating precisely your needs.
1 – News
This areas contains news about eBay module, and all information aimed at merchant using the eBay module.
November 9 2017 – eBay alerts on HTTP links to be replaced by HTTPS
Since a few days, eBay sends alert by email to sellers who publish listing embeding HTTP links. To fix, sellers need to configure their PrestaShop in HTTPS & upgrade to last version of our module 2.0.5.
Seller still using module free version need to upgrade to paid version.
June 21st 2017 – eBay module version 2 available & end of support of free version
After months of work, we are proud to introduce version 2 of eBay module for PrestaShop. eBay module 1.15 will be suported for free during one month ; until July 21st. After this date, you will still be able to use eBay module 1.15, but 202 ecommerce will not support this version anymore.
May 5 2017 – Active content removal
Active contents will be prohibited by eBay from June 2017, please read this article if you don’t know what is an active content, or how to delete it. Since June 2017, active contents will not displayed on eBay anymore, but eBay should not reject the announcements with active contens.
As of June 2017, active content will not be displayed on eBay, but eBay should not reject listings with active content. With the eBay module for PrestaShop, the active content can come from the ad template and / or the PrestaShop product description:
- In modules 1.15.5 and before, the eBay module’s default ad template has active content: the search box at the top right. Version 1.15.6 (and 2.0.0) automatically removes this field from all ad templates. Merchants can also manually delete this area.
- In addition, since the ad template is customizable, some merchants have been able to add active content to the ad template. It is the merchant’s responsibility to detect and remove such active content with the help eBay.
- Product descriptions written in PrestaShop by merchants may contain active content. It is the merchant’s responsibility to detect and remove such active content with the help eBay
February 23 2017 – End of PrestaShop 1.4 support
A partir de eBay 1.15.5, le module eBay ne sera pas compatible avec PrestaShop 1.4. Les marchands sous 1.4 pourront continuer d’utiliser la version 1.15.4 du module eBay, mais ne pourront pas bénéficier des évolutions qui suivront.
February 16 2017 – Support of eBay “Out Of Stock” feature
Version 1.15.4 bring support for eBay “Out Of Stock” feature : eBay listing with PrestaShop product where stock is 0 will be assigned “Out Of Stock” flag on eBay. With this flag, listing is kept on eBay but buying is suspended, this allow keeping listing history, comments, etc… As soon as stock is back on PrestaShop, “Out Of Stock” flag is removed, and buying is reactivated on eBay. We strongly recommend all merchants to use this feature.
Warning : this feature needs to be activated on eBay account, read dedicated doc here.
February 29 2016 – EAN codes becomes mandatory for listing on eBay
In order to complete this new requirement, we suggest to read:
- Product identifiers page on eBay site of your country,
- This blog post will give you a quick overview on how to list product with EAN,
- Full documentation on product identifiers with PrestaShop eBay module, including issue troubleshooting & typical settings
2 – eBay 2 Official module newsletter
Get all updates on eBay module, suscribe to the dedicated newsletter Contact us